I bought this weather station from Maplins on offer. It was unimpressive when it arrived so I didn’t do much with it. As Jacob was twiddling his thumbs I set him to work. He checked the bit of assembly I’d done and got the sensor array talking to the base station. Then he cut some wood and fastened it to the shed to reinforce where the mast was to go.
James helped me saw some more wood and drill some holes. Then we were able to put the mast in place using steel brackets that Sandra had made. The sensors looked good stuck up in the air.
I installed the software on the PC and connected the base station. The software it came with was very limited, so I installed Cumulus instead, which is much better: http://sandaysoft.com/products/cumulus
It allows me to send data to Twitter whenever I want, so I can see what the weathers like in Erwood wherever I am.